Monday, March 03, 2008

Baby's Room
I promised I would post pictures, so here they are. We live in a 2 bedroom apt. and even though we have moved our office to the living room--this room is still housing all my scrapbooking stuff. I figure the baby needs a place to sleep, be changed, and a place to put her clothes. So, that is what I have. I think it has turned out pretty cute.

Baby's bed:
The crib bedding is couple of different styles from Pottery Barn. Definitely some great deals and I loved the colors. Notice the pink flamingos and dragonflies, so cute.

Changing table/storage
I got the idea to use an IKEA bookshelf and turn it on its side from my friend Molly, thanks Molly. I think it has turned out pretty well. And someday when we no longer need it as a changing table I will use it as a book shelf. I love IKEA!


Lastly, my cute car seat. I wanted something that could be used for both a girl and boy. I really like the colors and it will be easy to clean.

I think we are ready for this sweet bundle to enter our lives. A HUGE thank you to everyone who has been so generous in your advice, gift giving and friendship. I know that our lives are about to change for the better and we couldn't be more excited!

14 comments:

Evie B. said...

I love it! The bedding is darling and that's a genius idea for the Ikea bookshelf. :) So sorry I missed your shower this past weekend. I've been having contractions since Thursday night and didn't want to chance it driving down alone and then go into full labor. I have a gift for you - we'll have to hook up soon.

Love ya!

Devri said...

How cute! I absolutely love the bookshelf idea. I can't wait to see her! Good luck next Friday! We will be thinking of you and remembering you in our prayers. It is so fun how close our girls are going to be born. Hang in there...We are almost done! Love ya!

Heather D. White said...

OH YVONNE...I absolutely LOVE all of it!!!!! I am so excited for you...the best is yet to come!!!

Traci said...

The nursery is soo cute! Love that Pottery Barn too, but wish their prices were cheaper. Love the idea with the bookshelf too. I think I will be having to get a new car seat too. Yours is adorable. Where did you get it?

Molly Malia said...

i love it! pottery barn and ikea... after my own heart! i bet that it is so exciting getting all ready for elise. can't wait til she gets here!

Michelle C. said...

Now I get the Ikea bookshelf on it's side...very smart and so cute. I wish I could buy new stuff. It was so good to see you. Love you!

Preds Girl said...

Oh so cute!!!

Chandie said...

Awe, I LOVE the bedding!! Your nursery looks perfect... just need the little bundle of joy and it's complete! Nice work!! :) Can't wait to see her!!

lance n sarah said...

I love the colors. I also love love love the book case with the changing table. "Molly why didn't you tell me about that one?" Molly did call me last month and we were trying to make it so i could suprise you at the shower. just didn't make it. Hope your doing good, and staying comfortable.

Sonja said...

I love it Yvonne! So cute and love the idea about the Ikea bookshelf. Brilliant! I'm so excited for you I can hardly stand it. What a wonderful mother you'll be. Can't wait to meet that beautiful little bundle!

Smith Family said...

hey Yvonne!
I had forgotten that you had a blog too! After you left a post I remembered seeing it- so now I saved it to my favorites and I'll have to check in more often! I am so excited for you! Good luck on Friday!! I'm sure she is going to be sooo cute! Nothing compares to the delivery room experience when they put that sweet baby in your arms!! If that was all you had to do to get a baby here I'd have a million of them!!! I'm excited to hear how it goes! Good luck! cindy

Wife and Mother. said...

Yvonne!! It's Jess (used to work with Margaret at CTMH). I found your blog in Lindsay's blog links and thought I'd pop by. CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't believe you're married and with a baby almost here!!! That's fantastic. I am so happy for you, cute momma.

Oh, and I LOVE your baby stuff. Very chic. I might have to steal the IKEA bookshelf/changing table idea for myself (due in August).

Wife and Mother. said...

Yvonne!! It's Jess (used to work with Margaret at CTMH). I found your blog in Lindsay's blog links and thought I'd pop by. CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't believe you're married and with a baby almost here!!! That's fantastic. I am so happy for you, cute momma.

Oh, and I LOVE your baby stuff. Very chic. I might have to steal the IKEA bookshelf/changing table idea for myself (due in August).

Kate said...

so so cute! And those pics of your little darlin baby girl at the top are sooo cute, you guys make an adorable little bebe! Congrats!! Nice idea on the ikea shelf, I love it!